What is Camp Like?
Camp Reflections for kids with cleft/craniofacial differences and their siblings is one week long and serves youth ages 8 through 16. Our camp is in New Hampshire on our own beautiful 116-acre lakefront property, about 1 hour and 45 minutes from Boston and 4 hours from New York City.
Our camp operates as follows:
- We have three meals together as an entire camp, four structured activity periods, two free periods, and an all-camp evening activity
- Campers get to experience a variety of fun activities during the day with other kids similar in age
- Campers sleep in cabins with others of the same age group
- Campers are under the direct care of camp counselors at all times; a nurse is on grounds 24 hours a day.
- Campers interact the old fashioned way - no video games, Internet, or cell phones. Music players are allowed.
- We operate as a typical overnight camp; do not focus on our differences, we just let our kids be kids!
Please note: if your child has a tracheostomy tube or G-tube, please contact us to speak further. For the privacy of our campers' families, the exact location of our camp may be obtained by contacting us.
Click here to see Our Facilities
Meet our camp advisor: Laurie Scimeca, Ed.D.
Laurie has been in the education field for many years, as a speech/language pathologist, special education teacher, and school administrator. She has been actively involved in various organizations that focus on children and adults with craniofacial differences. Laurie lives in the New York area and she and her husband Anthony have three grown sons and two granddaughters. The whole family is very excited about this opportunity for kids with facial differences to have a wonderful camp experience.
Activities & Accommodations
- Swimming, canoeing, tubing, & paddle boarding in a crystal clear lake, plus arts & crafts, drama/acting, music, archery, "gaga" (a popular type of dodgeball), and a host of sports such as soccer, kickball, basketball, and more. Camp also includes campfires, a talent show, and other special activities.
Our camp is located in New Hampshire, about 1 hr 45 minutes from Boston, and 4 hours from NYC. Due to the sensitive nature of some of our camp populations, we do not disclose the exact location except to enrolled families.
Campers stay in cabins with up to 7 other campers and 2 counselors, depending on the size of the cabin. Cabins are rustic inside with bunk beds and space to "hang out" in the middle. Restrooms and showers are nearby, and were completely rebuilt in 2018.
Several of our cabins are wheelchair accessible, as are our bathrooms/showers, dining hall, waterfront, health center, and most activity areas. We have the ability to transport campers by golf cart or car if they need access between areas at camp. Our camp is outfitted with outlets in each cabin for CPAP/other devices.
Click here to see Our Facilities
Dates & Rates
Registration begins in October!
Summer 2020 Sunday, August 16 - Saturday, August 22
$725 per camper.
Thanks to our generous donors, financial aid and scholarships are available for those who need it (see application). If you'd like to give one or more scholarships to campers in need, please click “donate” or contact us below.
For the privacy of our campers, exact locations of our camps are given to enrolled families only.
Get ready for one amazing summer!